Tektronix TDS3LIM Limit Test Application Module TDS3000 Series Oscilloscope
Tektronix TDS3LIM Limit Test Application Module TDS3000 Series Oscilloscope.
The Tektronix TDS3LIM Limit Test Module is for the Tektronix TDS3000 Series of digital phosphor oscilloscopes and adds custom waveform limit testing capabilities.
You can do the following limit test tasks with the TDS3LIM application module:
- Create and save up to four template waveforms in reference memory. You can create a template waveform from either an active input signal or from a saved reference waveform
- Select the channel to compare to the template. You can compare multiple channels to a single template waveform, compare each channel to a single template waveform, or any combination of the above
- Set the oscilloscope to respond to waveforms that exceed the template limits. You can set the oscilloscope to stop acquiring waveforms, save the failed waveform data to a file, emit a beep, save the screen image to the hard copy device, or any combination of the above.
You access the TDS3LIM limit test controls from either the limit test Quick Menu or from the Applications menu. The Quick Menu displays a single bottom and side menu that provides quick access to all limit test functions.
When the active waveform exceeds the template waveform’s envelope, the oscilloscope can do one or more of the following actions:
- Send a hard copy of the screen to a printer or file
- Save the failing test waveform to a file on the drive
- Emit a beep each time the test waveform fails
- Stop waveform acquisition and display the failing waveform(s)